The laboratory was established in 1977 to conduct basic and applied research in the field of semiconductor materials. The scientific lab results are realized with the help of 4 PhD thesis, 2 copyright certificates and more than 150 publications, 30 of which are references in international in scholarly databases such as SCOPUS, Springer Link, and Thomson ISI. More than 50 students of the Student Scientific Society carried out studies On the basis of laboratory. The results of laboratory were nominated (along with other scientific institutions in Ukraine) for the State Prize of Ukraine (2010, 2011).
The Lab maintains scientific contacts with the leading higher educational institutions of Ukraine (Chernivtsi National University, Lviv National University of Ivan Franko, Uzhgorod National University, Lviv Polytechnic National University), academic institutions of Ukraine (Institute of Semiconductors NAS of Ukraine, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology) foreign institutions (University of Rzeszow, Center for Microelectronics and Nanotechnology, Poland; Aalto University, Finland; Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA; Charles University, Czech Republic; Hull University, UK).
1. Cultivation, alloying and thermal processing of semiconductor crystals of compounds such as CdTe and solid solutions thereof.
2. The investigation of the temperature dependence of the electrical characteristics of the crystals and crystals grown in other labs.
3. The investigation of the mechanism and parameters of the drift motion of the ions Ag + in crystalline and glassy alloys super ionic systems Ag-Si (Ge, Sn) -S (Se, Te) -Cl (Br, I) and Ag-Sb (Bi) -S ( Se, Te) -Cl (Br, I).
4. The thermodynamic properties of the compounds of the before mentioned systems.
5. The photovoltaic research of semiconductor crystals.
● The performance of the basic search operations in the area of solid-state semiconductor material;
● The establishment of the relationship between the chemical composition and physical properties of the materials studied;
● The assessment of the possibilities of practical use of synthesized samples, including the search for new super ionic crystalline and glassy alloys, which due to the parameters of electric and mass transfer belong to the class of super ionic materials;
● Laboratory promotes the training of students and teachers of the department by involvement into scientific research.
Nykonyuk Eugene Serhijovych. - Ph.D., associate professor. Tel. 097-2984322.
Moroz Mykola Volodymyrovych - Ph.D., associate professor. Tel. 068-1460878.