On April 7, 2021, representatives of the National University of Water and Environmental Engineering project team participated in the first online workshop within the Erasmus + project “International Students Adaptation and Integration / INTERADIS”.
The workshop was organized and moderated by Oliver Schmidt, a startup consultant and innovation manager at the Freie Universität Berlin, and the Hultgren Sustainable Development Consulting Agency. The workshop on the development of internationalization perspectives and strategies was aimed at faculty and administrative staff related to the international students’ affairs and who participate in developing and implementing of international strategy at the university.
During the study visit, participants were able to learn in an interactive form:
- challenges facing universities in the pandemic COVID-19 situation and ways to overcome them;
- methods of efficient University International Strategy and educational services / products development, taking into account the needs and characteristics of the university, target audience, as well as the needed resources;
- how to engage internal and external stakeholders in the implementation of university strategic goals;
- ways to reach international students and methods to increase the international students motivation to study;
- marketing mechanisms and quality advertising of educational services in a competitive environment, and other issues.
On February 11-12, 2021, kick-off meeting within the “International Students Adaptation and Integration / INTERADIS” project took place at Sumy National Agrarian University. The duration of the project is 3 years. During the meeting, participants discussed the current state and prospects of international education in Ukraine, including the adaptation of international students; expected results and quality monitoring of project implementation; specific tasks; managerial, financial, administrative and communication issues related to the project implementation.
The main goal of the project “International Students Adaptation and Integration / INTERADIS” is to To integrate international students into Ukrainian and European educational space by the means of cultural, ethnic, social and academic assets. EU funding instrument: European Neighbourhood Instrument (Erasmus+: КА2 CBHE).
The project coordinator is Netherlands Business Academy. Co-coordinator is KROK University, Ukraine.
- University of Foggia, Italy;
- East Bavarian Technical University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden, Germany;
- Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania
- State Enterprise “Ukrainian State Center for International Education”, Ukraine;
- Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University, Ukraine;
- National University of Water and Environmental Engineering, Ukraine;
- Mariupol State University, Ukraine;
- Odesa National Polytechnic University, Ukraine;
- Sumy National Agrarian University, Ukraine;
- N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Ukraine;
- Ivan Franko Lviv National University, Ukraine;
- Hultgren Consulting Company, Germany.
- Developed Roadmap, that includes all aspects of international students integration.
- Trained staff.
- Increased quality of training and administrative services.
- Created more favourable environment for international students.
- Project results disseminated.
Project web-site: https://interadiscoordinat.wixsite.com/interadis